Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Our office staff is available to help via chat, text, or phone call at 240-541-5631
Possibly. Orders east of the Mississippi river are produced in North Carolina which is currently understaffed due to COVID-19. Delays to our standard lead times are +3-5 business days
In addition to staff shortage, all Mitered and products with applied molding will be produced from the California plant which may cause an increase in lead times due to shipping.
To place an order follow these simple steps:
- Select a door or drawer front style
- Select your wood species
- Enter your door or drawer front measurements
- Display Cart
- Complete order
We have Lazy Susan Boring + Hinge Assembly as an option for most doors. Select "Lazy Susan Boring + Hinge Assembly" for one door in this corner, and "No Boring" for the other door.
This will add the necessary boring to one door, and leave its mate unbored. You'll receive 4 hinge sets; 2 that will mount the door to the cabinet, and 2 that will mount that door to its mate.
Fast Cabinet Doors orders typically ship within 5-7 business days. Delivery will take anywhere from 1-3 business days from the shipping date to arrive depending on your location. Primed and Clear Coat products will add 5 - 6 business days to our standard lead time, and Painted products fronts will add 10-11 business days.
- Single doors – the doors require a ½” overlay on all 4 sides so for a single door, if your opening is 20”w x 20”h, the door size would be 21” w x 21” h.
- Double doors – the doors require a ½” overlay on all 4 sides so for a double door, if your opening is 20”w x 20”h, the door sizes would be (2) 10 1/2” w x 21” h.
- Measure from the inside edge of one side to the corner.
- Add 1/2" to your width. (1/2" is the industry standard and the overlay we recommend)
- Subtract the thickness of the door from width measurement.This will ensure each door has enough room to fold in on itself.
- Repeat these steps for the other door in this corner.
- For instructions on how to order a lazy susan, please view this process under Ordering and Lead Times. You can also use our Lazy Susan door measurement calculator to help.
Most of our doors are 3/4" thick, while some of our doors are 7/8" thick. 7/8" thick doors will be noted in that door styles description.
You have the option to select a Plank drawer front with an edge that will match your doors. If you need help specifying the edge of any door, please use our chat feature located on the right hand side of your browser or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Below is an example of what a Plank drawer front looks like with a Shaker door.
Yes, this is determined on a per need basis and depends on the height of the doors. Typically center rails are placed on doors over 50", and 66" for Cut for Glass doors, but some styles will not require them. Please contact us for further details on individual door styles. If a tall door without a center rail is needed, please email email@example.com with your order number and request to remove center rails from your tall doors.
All stiles and rails are solid wood. Raised panel doors have a solid wood panel. Inset panel doors have a solid wood frame with solid plywood panel. Paint grade doors have a solid wood frame with an MDF panel.
The doors will arrive with either wood or rubber stops, but will not come with the glass. We recommend taking your door to a local glass specialist to have it fitted with a glass panel of your choice. Below is an example of wooden stops that may come with your door.
Cope n' Stick refers to the tongue and groove joints we use to assemble the doors. This is one of the oldest and strongest joints used in cabinetry and is still the strongest type of joint used for doors.
- Rigid Thermal Foil (RTF) is comprised of a durable vinyl laid over Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF).
- Wood doors are comprised of a solid wood frame, and either a solid or plywood panel.
Unless you request a matching back, all Thermofoil doors will be built with a white back.
Paint Grade Hardwood is a great economical option for those who don't have a wood species preference and plan to paint. The wood used for the stiles and rails is any paint grade hardwood that we have available. This could be Beech, Maple, and sometimes Alder or Poplar.
Our doors are manufactured in California or in Monroe depending on your location. The order will be built in the plant that is nearest to the ship location. There are exceptions where specialty items are produced in California.
- Clear coat is a UV cured water-based satin finish.
- Primer is water-based - 2 Coats
- Clear coat is a solvent based conversion satin varnish.
- Primer is solvent-based - 2 Coats
This map outlines Eastern and Western customer zones.
- Smooth White is a true Satin White.
- 949 White has texture and has glossy properties.
- Antique White has a creamy hue, similar to ivory.
We use 1/2" overlay hinges of varying cost. Starting at $12.50 for boring and Salice Compact hinges to $20 for boring and Soft-Close full arm hinges
Watch this video for a full explanation on how to adjust your doors with hinge adjustments.
If boring is selected, the door will receive two bore holes 3" from the top and bottom of the door to the center of the cup. If the door is 40" or taller, a 3rd boring will be added directly centered between the top and bottom bore holes.
The boring we use on the doors is dependent on the boring/hinge option you select.
- If you select "Boring Only," we'll bore "U-pattern" into the door as this is the most universal pattern.
- If make a selection to include hinges, we'll bore either "A-pattern" or "B-pattern" into the door.
You can calculate a shipping quote by entering your door and drawer front order and registering with your shipping address before committing to an order. This process will give you a complete quote.
Our website is open for browsing and purchasing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our call center is open from 7am-3:30pm PST, Monday through Friday.
The call center is closed on the following US Holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving and the Friday following Thanksgiving
- Christmas day
Viewing your order and order history is a great way to follow along during the ordering process. Log in to your account at the top of the page to view orders.
Log in to your account at the top of the page. You'll see a spot to edit all of the information on your page, such as billing/ shipping addresses or opting into our newsletter! Need help? Give us a call, we'd be happy to update it on our side as well.
FastCabinetDoors.com places a lot of emphasis in placing a correct order. "Measure twice. Cut once" Please be certain about your order prior to placing it. Orders enter production almost immediately. A minimum of 35% of a customers purchase order total will be charged as a proration fee to any cancellations. This fee covers material costs and administration fees.
No. Because every door and drawer front is custom built, we cannot accept returns. FastCabinetDoors.com does not keep stock.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help.